Wednesday, April 30, 2008

{ Um, wow }

So, let me tell you how God works in really funny ways.

First off, about a month ago I lean forward in my pew one Sunday and ask my friend, Jan, if she "does CVS". She gave me the weirdest look and replied "I just started last week, why do you ask?"

Honestly, I have no idea why I asked.

Here is where God does his normal wacky thing.

This morning Jan called me obviously excited (I have to add that Jan has never called me before, we are more scrapbooking/pew friends). She tells me that the CVS up the street from her work is trying to get rid of the Softsoap body wash and they are lifting the limit.

Hmmmm...a good deal on Soft soap, no limit, and I have coupons.....how could I resist??

After picking up Paige from school we head over to clean them out....I mean...pick up a few things.

The candy, hair clips and hair brush were $.06 each, the tooth brushes were free after ecb, diabetic monitors were free and the toe separators were $.99 each, I bought 11 and got $20 ecb back.
All in all, I spent NOTHING and brought home everything you see in the pictures. Over $290 in body wash. And I have even more ECB's than when I started.

We have enough soap for all the students, new and returning and the candy, toothbrushes and hair items will go nicely in the back to school baskets.

Once again, God has used unconventional method to provide! Isn't he funny?!



6 comments:

Jan said...

Okay, so I calculate your total value at $446 and my total value at $170 - and neither of us had to pay!!

Wasn't it fantastic????

I was so in awe of your calm, collected way of handling all the mistakes. I got all sweaty just doing it - and I'm pretty sure they missed a few ECBs but I was too overwhelmed to say anything. You stood firm! You go girl!!

Anonymous said...

WTG Missy! THe students will be totally set. NA

Serena Coles said...

Hey, you need to teach me how to CVS. (We have it up in Ptown too!)

Serena Coles said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Larissa Annen said...

missy your store must have gotten all the spa body wash for the whole country! i haven't seen those in forever!!!!!

Larissa Annen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.