Wednesday, April 9, 2008

{ Idol gives back }

Certain things are harder now. Watching the faces of the orphans, and knowing the smell....

Just seeing the pictures on T.V. strikes a different chord. I don't want to give money to Idol. I want to go back and spend time holding babies that don't get held, feed children that haven't eaten, provide education for mama's so that they don't have to leave their children, naked, on the road. I don't want to give money, I want to give myself.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I do hold an orphan everyday. To me he is my son, not an orphan on TV, but he could have been. Just by the grace of God is he here, being loved, fed and held.

My heart hurts for the ones left behind, the ones that I left. I turned around and walked out of the room leaving 34 laying in dirty beds.

Who would have thought that watching American Idol could effect me so deeply.

No comments: