Monday, April 21, 2008

{ Digging my nails in } pt 1

Today is a momentous day in my life. It is officially the last day of my 20's. My feelings flip-flop as the day wears on and as more people make nasty remarks about being old.

Right this moment I feel like my 20's are laid out behind me and as I glance or grimace over them I am reminded of the quote "You've come a long way, baby". There are things I would change, but mostly I'm thankful for the grace of God, 'cause man, was I stupid most of the time!

I think my 20's will be mostly remembered for the "baby makin' years". To think that at 29 I have 3 amazing children, is to me, quite an accomplishment. Add to that 11 years of marriage. Dang, I have been busy!

The blessings don't just stop with my children. I have a loving, handsome husband, who married me when I was hott, but young and naive. (Which is probably why I married him!) He and I have survived thick and thin, good and bad, and we still have a long road ahead of us.

Tomorrow is a clean slate, a blank chapter, a new season and any other positive metaphors I can think of. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me and my family. Knowing Him the way I do, I know that there will be laughter, tears, joy, and heartache. I also know that He will not leave me. He will push me when I move too slow, pull me when I get stuck and carry me when I just don't think I can make it another step.

1 comment:

Luke Coles said...

I think you're miss counting. No need to lose the 20's. I think I'll wait on that for at least 5 years after the fact.