Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wed. March 14th.

Today was an amazing day of God moments that continue to prove that our decision is the right one.

I started out the morning at my usual Wed. am bible study. We are doing a series by Beth Moore on the fruit of the spirit. In our video session she began talking about her adoption and the impact it had on her children. With tears streaming down my face, I thanked God for his amazing timing. We were suppose to watch that session 2 weeks ago, but due to the weather we were delayed. Perfect Timing!

After the bible study we had a luncheon and at my table I was talking about the adoption to a few friends. Some ladies behind us were also chatting about it and I told them my story. These loving women assured me that we were doing the right thing and that they would be praying for us. The question of money came up and I told them that we were not sure how much it was going to cost yet, but we are figuring about $10,000. In the adoption world that is a drop in the bucket, but in our one income family that is a HUGE stretch. Several of them said they would be willing to help us financially because they were "too old" to adopt. (age is just a number!) My heart was warmed! What generosity and faith they have! I am so thankful to be in a church family that would support a "new" family. (We just placed membership with Quail in Aug. of 06, but have been members of the Church of Christ forever!)


I can't thank you enough for partnering with us in prayer and helping us to bring our child home. I can't wait to tell him the story of his adoption and all the hearts that were involved in getting him here to us.

The emotional craziness of God laying this adoption on our hearts is fading, but the peaceful feeling of my child being in Rwanda is very real. I do not feel panicked, or desperate. Just driven to get things done in a timely fashion.

Thanks you again for your prayers and for taking the time to read this long post. Please keep praying for God's wisdom over our lives.

No comments: