Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday, March 29th

Happy Birthday to my dad!!

Today is a pretty big day in adoption land. Our missinary friends had a meeting with the Minister of Family and Gender in Rwanda to talk about what we are wanting to do. We are anxiously awating an email from them to hear the news. The meeting has been postponed twice this week, so mostly I'm just hoping that they were able to meet.

We had our home study yesterday. Not near as scary as I thought it was going to be! She didn't check under the beds or anything....

OK as I'm typing a call came in and the meeting went GREAT!! Thank you Lord!! His timing is always perfect! We did find out another hoop we have to jump through, but it is not a big deal at all. Just some more paperwork, I can do that in my sleep!

Ya'll I can not describe this feeling, I guess it is mostly hopeful. I was running low on faith that we could actually pull this off. But, as usual, God knows just what we need and when we need it. When I look back at the past 10+ years and see all the ways God has prepared our lives for this adventure, I am reasured that He never leaves me and that His ways are true and right. I can see over an over where He has stepped in and changed my way of thinking or a direction I was going. He continues to grow me in His ways. I'm so thankful that He hasn't given up on me!!

And I am so thankful for all of you who are praying and supporting us. Prayer works!!

I'm off to Wal-Mart to buy dog food...life marches on!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great news!!!! :)