Tuesday, October 2, 2007

{Nairobi}

Just a quick update...internet is iffy, and we have not had electricity this morning. We found an error on Ethan's passport. They have him marked for a female and not a male. We are working very hard to find a way to fix it so that I don't have to go back to Rwanda this week with him. After a very frusterating day for Dave and Jana at the Rwandan Embassy (frustrating due to the electricity being out there also, not the people) looks like we will have a new passport issued in Kigali and Dave Jenkins will fly the new one to us. This whole fiasco was just so that a hard working missionary could get a little vacation!

We have been to the dr. here in Nairobi and should have bloodwork back on Wed. We then have an appointment at the US embassy on Thursday. PLEASE pray that they will agree to give us Ethan's visa on Friday or Tuesday of the next week. Due to 2 Kenyan holidays and Columbus day, the embassy is not issuing visa's the next week and told us we would have to wait an extra week to get it. That would be a week after our plane leaves to come home. UGH! Our prayer is that they take pitty on us and will rush ours through. If I had my kids with me then I would happily stay an extra week, but my heart hurts for them so much that I fight all day not to cry. (I loose quite often)

The trip as a whole has been a life altering experience. So much of what I thought about Africa was WRONG! I realize there is so much I don't know about the world, about people and life in general.

Please pray for us to have wisdom to know when to push our way through and when to be patient. Please pray for us to find favor in the eyes of those who look at our paperwork throughout the rest of the journey.

I can't wait to hug you all!

Rachel---I want to hear all about your week in Ethiopia! I thought of you often this week, and hope you made it home saftely.

Lee--Pray us home sweet friend

Mom--quit worring! We are fine!

JNice--Ethan is so cute in Joel's clothes! I thank God for you every time I change him!

Sisters--Just wait until you squeeze this new addition to the family! He is wonderful and silly like the rest of our kids!

Kitty--Tell your mom to get on the Gold phone!

Keli--Girlfriend, you are going to sail through your trip! There is not going to be anything left to go wrong by the time you get over here. I have cried harder for your babies than anything else on this trip. It's not fair that I can't bring them with me to a family that will love them. I have never felt so frustrated in all my life.

Everyone else--I love you and thanks for keeping up with us!

The spell check is not working and you know me...so please overlook the bad spelling!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are in prayer for you to have wisdom to know when to push your way through and when to be patient & to find favor in the eyes of those who look at your paperwork throughout the rest of the journey. We are praying for Ethan's health and bloodwork to come through quickly. and I'm praying all of you "will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalms 91:1. Try the whole chapter while you wait. See his blessings and provision, Ed

Anonymous said...

I miss you so much I can't even believe it! Praying you home...

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Missy-O!!!!! Love you and can't wait to (someday!) squeeze your sweet boy! Till then, just praying you home with the rest of them!
love,
Kate O.