Thursday, September 27, 2007

{Some things are universal}

Funny stories while the baby is sleeping:

We have been using the same taxi driver every day while we are here. He is Jana's favorite and rightfully so. Yesterday Dave and I were doing some running around solo and when we got in the taxi I heard "you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em'. Know when to walk away and know when to run..." Jamata was listining to Kenny Rogers!! Then when that song was over I heard Dolly Parton singing a duet with Kenny. It was a tape! Dave and I asked him to rewind it and we belted out The Gambler while crusing the streets of Kigali! Move over Davis Hasselhoff...Rwandan's love Kenny Rogers!

On the same lines...the Hixson's have a day guard named Chance that is super nice and we chat quite a bit during the day. Yesterday he was here and I had my MP3 player out. I asked him if he wanted to listen, thinking that I was going to show him music that he has never heard before, from America! So, I put the ear piece up to his ear and he says "Beyonce!". He even knew the name of the song! Now he is sweeping the floor with my MP3 player strapped to his arm. He is such a sweet kid and asks me everyday if I can help him come to America. Everyone asks if I can help them. We as Americans have no idea the blessing we have been given by being born in a free world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures! We want Pictures! I wish I could look through your eyes and see what you are seeing; maybe I wouldn't complain so much about my 10 year old Durango, or the fact that I REALLY want that cute black skirt I saw at Dillards, but can't afford. All Americans should have a chance like you have now. I love you for infinite love you have in your heart; you inspire me! Kisses, hugs and lost of love comin' at ya over the 'net

Anonymous said...

Lost of love AND Lots of love too! Proofreading smroofreading!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for the passport issues to be finalized today! Hope that the Rx clears Ethan up quickly. Can't wait to see some pics and hear that you are all home safely.
Naomi

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. What an amazing journey!! You are in my prayers, friend.

Jeanise said...

Love it!
Love you!

Is E with you in the evenings? We talked about this before you left, but I wasn't sure...