Sunday, September 16, 2007

{Quiet before the storm}

It is a quiet Sunday around our house. Both kids are napping and even daddy has crashed on the couch. I have a mothers premonition that this will be the last quiet moment of the week.

Last week I busted my tail to get as much running/shopping/packing/freaking out done as possible so that we could have a fun weekend with the kids and just chill. It worked! Saturday we played outside in the gloriously cool weather, had steak and crab legs at Dave's parents house and God even let the Sooners win so that we (I) would have a week of peace!

I'm sure the next three days will fly by and only with the grace of God and my spiral notebook full of list will I leave this country without forgetting something basic like my toothbrush!

We are excited, but Dave and I both are horribly heart-torn over leaving the kids. I had a friend point out that the Shepard left the flock to find the one lost sheep. I had never thought of that verse pertaining to our situation, but it has brought me much needed peace. We know that this is God's plan for our family and we also know that many of God's plans require us to move from our comfort zone and have faith that the end is worth any pain or discomfort.

I told a friend at church today that this week is like being at the end of your second pregnancy...you *know* it's going to hurt like crazy, but you go the hospital anyhow!

Thanks for every one's prayers, hugs and offers of help. Please keep praying while we are gone.
Much love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been keeping up with you through your page. I wish all of you well during your travels. Keep on blogging so I can keep up with you!

Angela