Tuesday, June 5, 2007

June 5th

Ahhh...peace and quiet. Nothing quite like a Disney movie to turn the kids into zombies for 90minutes! Between Happy Feet and my hubby being out of town it's almost blissful! Not that I don't love my sweet husband, but dang, how much togetherness can one couple take? I know even as witty and beautiful as I am, I can get a little abrasive after a while. No one told me how much of an adjustment having him home every day was going to be. It leaves something to be desired and retirement scares the poop out of me.

On the upside, I am so spoiled with my built in babysitter and freedom to run to Wal-Mart sans kids that if he ever goes back to a "real" job....I'm doomed.

Paige asked the other day "daddy, where do you work?" He said "Wal-Mart". She said "No daddy, you shop at Wal-Mart, you can't work there!". That girl cracks me up.

On the adoption front, we are just waiting for our fingerprints at INS. They are scheduled for the 15th of June. This is our last step! After we pass the test we have already taken (fingerprints) they will give us a form that allows us to identify an orphan. At that point we will contact our missionary friends in Rwanda and they will head over to the Home of Hope and pick out Ethan!

Please be in prayer for the birth mother and the safety of Ethan. My prayer is that he has no trauma before he gets to the Home of Hope. That he is not left on the streets or left anywhere for several days, but that he is immediately taken to the orphanage and taken care of. I pray that he is emotionally and physically cared for and maybe even favored by the nuns until I can get there. Please pray for him.

I'm off to go snuggle with the kiddos. When daddy is away we all sleep together!
Much love!

No comments: