Friday, June 29, 2007

Good News!

You can tell by the dates on the blog that if we have been in a slump of bad news I don't type much. I don't want to bog anyone down with depressing typing.

But today I received good news, so here I am!

On a phone call from my preacher's wife she informed me that our missionary friends in Rwanda met with the sisters at the orphanage and after much discussion the have agreed to let us adopt infants! This is a huge blessing in so many ways. The sisters really wanted us to adopt babies 1 year or older because they have so many (around 40) but we had our hearts set on bonding with a younger child. They have around 20 babies that are 6 months old or younger and that is the group that our friends will choose from.

Praise the Lord! With all this rain I was feeling a little down and needed a pick-me-up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missy, that is wonderful news. I will be praying that God will comfort you during this time before you hold your precious one in your arms.