Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday, May 22

We were dealt a bit of a blow today about the adoption. Nothing life shattering, but a delay on our time line. Without going into much detail we found out today that it will take 45-60 days to complete the INS portion and that time does not start until after our fingerprints go through and we are not scheduled to get our fingerprints until June 15th. So it does not look like we will be going early July.

Our biggest reason for wanting to be back by the end of July was to be here for the kids first day of school. Now if we are gone in August my In-Laws will have to deal with all the first weeks of school paperwork and the shuttling them back and forth at 2 different times. It's just more work than we wanted to burden them with. And as a mom, I feel like it is my job and joy to do it. I don't want to miss out on Paige's first days of school or D's first weeks of full time 1st grade. It hurts me that I can't have my cake and eat it too.

I sound very whiny and I'm sorry. We did have some good news today. We met with a woman from the Oklahoman News Paper and she is doing an article on the 4 families from Quail. Hopefully it will run soon and will be good advertising for my benefit crop on June 2nd. The reporter was very nice and wants to do a follow up when we get home.

American Idol is on in 5 minutes, so I'd better get the popcorn ready! LY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still praying through each turn and twist. God's timing is PERFECT, rely on that. I love you and I am so honored to be your friend. It is such a joy to see God's work in this adoption and in your lives. Still praying!

Anonymous said...

You never know the timeline of INS till they release the docs. I'm praying for God's perfect hand to guide your papers (and heart) through. When you look back, this will be a blink. I promise. Love, love, love to you.