Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Best Medicine


My husband is a goober...do I hear an AMEN? But that is one of my favorite things about him. He's funny to a fault. All day yesterday we were cracking each other up and I realized that anyone looking in would have no idea what we are talking about. Our vocabulary is full of nonsence words that can double us over. ~Strategery~ being one of them. Granted most of the words are not our own but stolen from years of SNL, Mad TV and Jim Carrey movies..."I likey do tha cha cha."

And maybe that was my initial attraction to him because my own family is full of movie one liners "Evening vear, verdy nice" that can take us back 20 years or more and no one thinks they are as funny as we do. Nothings better than being in a dressing room with my mom and her knocking on the door then hearing..."Candy gram"...another knock..."pizza"...another knock..."LAND SHARK."

I digress. Back to my funny husband. He's awesome, what more can I say?! I hope everyone has a common thread of humor in their relationships. I mean look at the back of a baboon hiney and tell me God doesn't have a since of humor.

Sweet hubby if you are reading this, you are my strategery supa dizzle and I mad love you yo! Snap London Bridge.


5 comments:

Jeanise said...

I'm scared that I understood all of that.

Mike Morton said...

"Alllllllrighty then." It's no doubt that my wife would understand that... 'cause "I'm a wild a crazy guy!" (another SNLism-modified)

I'm so glad that God made humor. It's that small little something that someone can do that changes the dreary day into a moment of escape. Kids are great for that.

Anonymous said...

Snap, London Bridge...I get you! :)

It IS fun to have a funny hubby, isn't it? My baby's daddy is a funny guy too! :)

Mad Props to Dave for laughing with you...laughter is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Dave-o, funny? Yea and I'm Hillary Clinton. ;)

Anonymous said...

knock, knock - "land shark"