Tuesday, August 5, 2008

{ Questions }


Paige was asking quite a few questions about where babies come from. Without going into graphic details I was attempting to tell her the truth-ish. This is a glimpse into our conversation:


Paige: "Mom is there a place "down there" that babies come from?"


Me: "Yes hunny, girls have a special place where babies come out when it's time to be born."


Paige: looking pale "Does it hurt?"


Me: "Sometimes it hurts, but I would do it all over again so that I could have you as my daughter. The pain goes away and you are so cute I forgot all about it" (this is where the 'ish' comes from on the above "truth-ish" mention)


Paige: after thinking for a few seconds " Mom, I don't want to have any babies."


Me: "OK sweetie, you have a long time before you have to worry about that."


Paige: "No, mom. I'm not going to have any babies. I'm just going to go to Africa and get a baby who doesn't have a mommy."


That's my girl.

1 comment:

onawa said...

That is so sweet!