Friday, April 20, 2007

Timmy

Lately I have been struck by just how old Davis is getting. Tuesday he came to me and said he thought he had lost a tooth, really what he was feeling were 2 new ADULT teeth coming in! Adult teeth! Does that mean that next time he asks for a new video game I can tell him to get a job?

So one thing builds upon another, and don't get me wrong, I try very hard to make sure he can grow up to be an independent man. I even bought jelly in a plastic jar so that he could start making his own PB&J's, I encourage independence! But this morning I lost my morning goodbye to....Timmy.

In the van this morning we pull up to the spot where I drop D off and our usual routine is this:

Mom: I love you sweetie!
Davis: I love you too mom! (Then he leans over and gives me a hug and a kiss)
Mom: Don't forget your sister.
Davis: *whine* I hugged her yesterday...ok...bye Paige.

Then with the the sun shining, angels singing, and fairy dust falling, he turns, *dramatic pause* gives me a big smile and walks into the school building ready for another day of learning!

OK, it's something like that, but today was different. We pull up the the drop off point, he sees Timmy, yells for Timmy, then runs off to meet Timmy at the door. No hug. No kiss. No fairy dust. I lost to Timmy.

Honestly, I love the boy he is growing into and I am proud of him, this same child that would cry the whole 4 hours of Mothers-Day-Out, for going out and making friends and knowing that I will be there to pick him up at the end of the day.

In a way he is weaning me a little more every day. But as long as he is still wearing Spider-Man underwear, he is still my little boy. ~they don't sell those in a 34 do they?

2 comments:

ferniBlog said...

Wow, Missy....I can't even imagine how it feels to see your firstborn so grown up. I'm so not ready for that!

Oh, and I'm glad you are writing on the blog again! :)

Anonymous said...

It hurts doesn't it.
A couple days ago B said, "No more kisses, Mom."
*whimper* What do you mean no more. And yes, I was just at Sears and they sell Spider man size gigantor underoos.
Hooray!
BTW- B picked new Spiderman jams today. So-Davis like. :)
Love love love ya.