Monday, November 12, 2007

{Malaria}

Is no fun! Malaria is the one souvenir I did not want to bring back from Rwanda, but the mosquito's had different plans.

I have been running a fever since Halloween and have felt like I had the flu, but was not getting better. After 2 weeks with fever, chills, head aches, and weakness I finally googled malaria. Then I called my dr. They thought I was a little looney, but blood test showed my liver enzymes were elevated. (Malaria is parasites that live in your liver an move on to your blood stream) Now I have the constant heeby-jeebies that there are bugs in my body! EWWW!

More meds, lots of fluids and rest (ha!). Not sure how long the bugs will make me feel bad. My poor kids have been putting up with a sick mama for too long. The weather is beautiful and I should be outside with them.

Not much for an update! The good news is that the rest of the family is on the up swing to good health and my parents will be here next week for Turkey day!

I have some great picts of the 3 kids together that I will post soon!

2 comments:

Jeanise said...

I knew you were buggin me, but I couldn't figure out why. Now we know! :)

Luke Coles said...

I'm praying for you. That is so poopy. Let the Coles' know if there is anything we can do for you.